AquiSense Technologies April 2015-present
Leading manufacturer of water, air and surface treatment systems deploying UV-C LED technology.
Founder and CEO
- Responsible for all aspects of company strategy and tactical execution.
- Completed two asset acquisitions, successful integration and stock sale
- Launched worlds first UV-C LED water treatment system
Aquionics Inc. Jan 2009 – March 2015
Leading manufacturer of ultraviolet (UV) disinfection water and wastewater treatment systems, wholly owned subsidiary of Halma PLC.
- Fully responsible for company P&L, strategic/operating plans and board performance.
- Recruited strong board of directors to lead functional areas, delivering 16% CAGR over 4 years.
- Assisted with corporate M&A activities to ensure robust group development.
Vice President of Technology – USA, The Netherlands & UK
- Overall responsibility for UV group (including Aquionics, Berson and Hanovia) new product development activities, strategic product road mapping and applications scientific development programs.
- Drove consolidation of development activities into coherent global strategy to ensure completion of key projects and closing of non-valued added activities.
- Leveraged strategic partner to launch new product in Europe and North America within 9 months
- Instrumental in closing several multi-million dollar contracts, managing technical and commercial risk
WEDECO (Xylem group) Oct 1998 – Dec 2008
Leading manufacturer of UV and Ozone water and wastewater treatment systems.
Director of Engineering
- Responsible for activities related to product and applications development, engineering sales support and engineering standards.
- Drove 65% of water division’s new development projects with 25% of assigned resource, through judicious project selection, focused management and targeted internal and external collaborations.
- Balanced development portfolios between UV, Ozone and Advanced Oxidation treatment solutions with both short term tactical plans and long term research ventures.
- Developed relationships with regulators, academics and consultants in order to advance corporations interests within water treatment industry. Referenced in key USEPA regulation.
Director of Global After-sales & Service
- Direct line management for 30 technical and sales staff and dotted line responsibility for 10 subsidiaries globally. Developed strategic direction and executed operating plan.
- Boosted annual revenues from $16M to $35M, whilst maintaining group margins of over 70%.
- Completed consolidation of German operations resulting in 15% cost savings.
- Negotiated and secured significant framework supply agreements with distributors and utilities globally to help secure long term business.
- Full responsibility for time, cost and quality of three high profile field projects from contract signing to client handover.
- Manukau – Auckland, New Zealand – World’s largest UV Disinfection plant, part of $175M project.
- EDF – France – UV Disinfection of cooling water at the Civaux Nuclear Power Plant. Contract value $1.7M.
- United Utilities / Bechtel – UK – UV Disinfection plants at 4 sites as part of $120M Flyde Coast Bathing Waters Scheme.
- 20 years of consistent performance in the water industry, personally managing transition through corporate integration, global relocation, changing functional responsibilities and company start-up.
- Proficient in identifying customer needs and formulating solutions through collaboration, with proven ability to maintain operational cost control.
- Known as a determined, energetic, innovator, who can engage with people at all levels of an organization.
- President-Elect of the International Ultraviolet Association and Former board and/or committee member of various industry organizations, including;
- Water and Wastewater Equipment Manufacturers Association (WWEMA)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Water Environmental Federation (WEF)
- Authored over 50 technical papers mainly focused on Ultraviolet light disinfection and measurement
- Holder of four international patents for water treatment/measurement related products