April 2011 – present: owner at F&Consulting.
- Technical consulting and support in (special-) lighting applications and systems.
- Management support and training of staff.
- Production process improvement through implementation of lean principles.
- Supplier validation and improvement for cost efficiency.
June 2004 – December 2010: UV lamp development manager and application specialist at Philips Special Lighting, Turnhout, Belgium.
- UV lamp development management (medium pressure UVC, UVB and UVA, medium pressure sun tanning lamps, low pressure amalgam lamps and Excimer lamps).
- Process development, product transfer and training of operating and engineering staff..
- Application specialist and customer support.
- Restructure the development team from 18 to 1 persons
June 1999 – May 2004: Lamp development manager Philips & Yaming, Shanghai, China.
- High Intensity Discharge lamp development manager.
- Grow the team from 6 to 29 engineers.
- Regional product and process responsibility, liaise with global R&D centers within Philips.
- Regional customer and application support for HID lamps and systems.
January 1996 – May 1999: Lamp development team leader at Philips HID, Bath, New York.
- Ceramic Discharge Metal Halide product and process development. Team leader of 7 people.
- Marketing and customer support.
- Linkin pin with European development organization.
1990 – December 1995: Lamp development engineer at Philips Central Development Lighting, Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- Ceramic Discharge Metal Halide product and process development.
- Process improvement and quality improvement to prepare for mass production.
- Very strong cross-cultural experience
- Broad international experience: working and living in Europe, the USA and China
- Working for customers and with suppliers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, UK, Japan, Korea, China, Russia and others.
- Experience managing complex projects in a strong growth environment.
- Familiar with process transfer (change of production location, or moving from make to buy).
- Good overall business experience with focus on time-to-market and cost effectiveness.
- Hands-on experience with current lamp technologies (soft-glass, quartz, low pressure, medium pressure, high pressure, mercury containing and mercury-free).